[mythtv-users] power failure - now lirc stopped working

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Mar 29 01:28:05 UTC 2006

On Mar 28, 2006, at 4:30 PM, Lucien D. wrote:

> Gave udevstart a try, didn't make any difference, good thing to know
> about though.
>
> yea, the card is still functioning properly, tv works and everything;
> ivtv init sees the remote, and when modprobing lirc_i2c it says it
> finds the card.

When you say "ivtv sees the remote" you really mean that "ivtv sees
the remote interface on the card". I suppose the receiver module
could have got zapped, try another if you have one.

Do you perchance have more than one PVR card ? Is it possible your
system is looking at the wrong one ? If this is the case try plugging
the receiver into a different PVR card.

A stretch I know, but you seem to have run out of easy solutions.