[mythtv-users] Strange backend behaviour

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 29 02:31:56 UTC 2006

On 03/28/2006 05:06 PM, Chris Birkinshaw wrote:

>>On 25 Mar 2006, at 05:23, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>

>>>It lists every recording rule you've ever created that hasn't been cleaned up.  For example, "any time" recording rules will stay forever.  However, "find once" (FindOne) or "this showing" (Single) rules will be deleted some time after the show has been recorded (mythfilldatabase will delete the no-longer-useful rule).
>>>
>Hmm, as I use DVB EIT I guess that mythfilldatabase is never run?

I'm thinking it should be (I think you should configure it to run,
anyway).  I just posted the question with the subject, "[mythtv-users]
Run mythfilldatabase if using EIT only sources? (was Re: Performance
issue : Number of records in a Table ???)"--it hasn't made it to the
archives, yet, and I think the archive will create a new thread, so I
won't link to the post to which I replied.

Someone else just asked a very similar question just a moment ago.
Funny how specific questions seem to come up from independent sources at
the same time.

Mike