[mythtv-users] Dual Digital remote still not working

Martin Turner xmode at biosys.net
Wed Mar 29 09:37:32 UTC 2006

Hi list,

I know I've posted this question before, and I did get a few responses,
but I still cant get the sucker working. I got so frustrated I gave up
for a week.. but I'm back now..

I have a DViCO Dual Digital tuner with the MCE remote control. I have
gotten both tuners working, but I just cant get the remote working. I
have tried using lirc with the dvico drivers but they get me nowhere as
they keep looking for a /dev/usbhid0 (or other such combination such as
/dev/usb/hid0 or /dev/usbhid) which doesn't exist on my system.

I don't know what im doing anymore with this. I do have a 'ir_common'
module loaded that the system seems to have picked up its self and have
been trying to work with that, but I don't know lirc well enough to know
how to get this to operate..

Any help would be greatly appreciated as well, its been driving my batty
for months now.

Regards,

M Turner