[mythtv-users] MPEG2 -> MPEG2 Transcoding

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Wed Mar 29 13:32:25 UTC 2006

> When ProjectX->mplex->dvdauthor did work it was in sync and lossless at
> least to my eyes and ears. So after burning about a dozen DVD's i don't have
> a 100% solution yet.

 	The trouble has always been that nothing is 100%.  In fact, the
whole nuvexport script wizardry kludges together background utilities
*that are fundamentally broken*!  (Un)fortunately, it works most of the
time for most people (not capturing from tape), so they're often surprised
when it doesn't work.  Any time audio/video is demuxed and remuxed
(whether in discrete files/pipes or internally within an application),
most linux utils will break it.

 	The lossless mpeg2 cutting should clean them up.  Then utils like
replex, dvb-replex, etc should be able to insert DVD NAV streams (by
demuxing or not)... then they're directly authorable.

-Cory