[mythtv-users] upgraded to mythtv 0.19 - mythweb blew up!

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Mar 29 16:40:07 UTC 2006

> This is a serious bug that would not allow me to schedule recordings
> from mythweb (although the frontend was fine.) Considering that I do
> all of my scheduling from my browser, I was in a bad situation.

huh?  that has nothing to do with scheduling recordings.  As far as I've
ever heard, it's just a display bug -- the "has been recorded" thing was
added to show people things that had been recorded before, it was never
intended to stop them from re-recording anything, and I never had any
issue with it -- a recording schedule will certainly override the
notification.

> After lots and lots of searching (and only a few answers!) I found
> that the problem has been solved but isn't scheduled to be put into
> mythtv until 0.20. That is a long time for such a serious bug when
> only one file needs to be changed.
>
> In case anyone is having the same problem, please take a look at:
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/9177

or:  http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/9178

.19.1 is due out very soon, and MOST package maintainers have been
pulling patches from the fixes branch for their .19 updates so most
people running packages already have the fix.

-Chris