[mythtv-users] upgraded to mythtv 0.19 - mythweb blew up!

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Mar 29 23:09:35 UTC 2006

> I am gearing up to upgrade the master backend for .18.1 to .19. Chris
> is there any chance that you can narrow down the time frame from
> 'very soon'? IE weeks, or months?

No official word, but I'm hoping it's more a matter of hours/days than
weeks.

> You said that most package maintainers are incorperating the fixes,
> so should i wait? is there anything worth waiting for in 0.19.1

I've committed a ton of fixes for mythweb.  Not sure what other bugs
have been merged into the fixes branch, I don't really watch it.  I'm
also not sure which packages have which fixes, I just know that some of
them have some/all of the fixes for a specific date range.

You can always check mythweb out of the fixes branch in svn and have it
work fine with the release -- no need to use packages (in fact, I'm
thoroughly against package-based installs for web apps, since things
never get put where I wish they would).

> Is there a link to a wiki or somthing that newb like me can see???

I'm pretty sure there's a .19-fixes release notes page in the wiki.

-Chris