[mythtv-users] upgraded to mythtv 0.19 - mythweb blew up!

David Bennett davidbennett1979 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 02:57:02 UTC 2006

Chris,

> huh?  that has nothing to do with scheduling recordings.  As far as I've
> ever heard, it's just a display bug -- the "has been recorded" thing was
> added to show people things that had been recorded before, it was never
> intended to stop them from re-recording anything, and I never had any
> issue with it -- a recording schedule will certainly override the
> notification.

The bug prevented me from scheduling recordings of shows that were
already listed as recorded. If I set a "record this program" from
mythweb it would not work. That being said, this could be remedied by
going to the frontend and setting it up there.

> .19.1 is due out very soon, and MOST package maintainers have been
> pulling patches from the fixes branch for their .19 updates so most
> people running packages already have the fix.

Perhaps, but I just upgraded from 0.18 to 0.19 last night and ran into
the bug. I found it very difficult to find a description of the bug
(although if I looked in this list and on another wiki I found it...
with a little bit of work), but no clear cut way on how to fix it.

Although I was a little too frustrated last night, for users that are
new to Linux or aren't very good at it (read: me) it was very
difficult to identify and resolve a problem that would have presumably
affected many people.

Perhaps a note regarding this should be made on the Wiki? There seems
to be very little information about MythWeb on their (perhaps a
troubleshooting section).

I would be happy to write it if someone told me how I could go about doing so.

At any rate, as always, this list has been very gracious in answering
my questions.
Thank you. Sorry if I came off a little spastic.

Sincerely,
David