[mythtv-users] preset tuner channel to 3, but always tunes to channel 4

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 30 05:34:37 UTC 2006

On 03/29/2006 09:21 PM, Robert Anderson wrote:

> I have two a PVR-150 that I am using with my digital cable box. I have
> it configured to preset tuner to channel 3, which I have verified in
> the database. The problem is that it always tunes to channel 4 which
> picks up only static from the digital cable box. To troubleshoot I
> unset the change channel program and preset tuner channel and verified
> that it can actually tune channel 3. I also tried setting the preset
> tuner channel to other channels and still it always tunes to channel
> 4. Any ideas?

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/191506#191506

One of these days, I'll get a chance to look into it...  Unfortunately,
I'm not affected by it since I don't use RF-modulated output from my
receiver.  Your fix (using the Composite output from your receiver) will
actually give you better quality, anyway, so stick with it.

Mike