[mythtv-users] HD-3000 recording corruption

Steven Ihde steve at x2.hamachi.us
Thu Mar 30 22:21:22 UTC 2006

On Thursday 30 March 2006 14:11, Patrick Ouellette wrote:
> Sounds like interference getting into the HD-3000 from the video card.
> Try moving them farther apart, electrically shielding the card(s), and
> make sure if you have a jumper cable between the sound card and the HD-3000
> that it is either removed or has RFI protection (a couple of turns through
> a torroidal core at each end).

I suspected RFI too.  I moved the cards as far away as possible.  There's no
audio jumper, and I even tried unplugging the monitor cable.  I also removed
the cable splitter in case it was poorly shielded.  Nothing seemed to help.

I suspect a noisy video card more than an overly sensitive HD-3000, since
swapping out the nVidia for the Radeon made the problem disappear completely
(though it causes other problems as noted in my previous mail).  Maybe I'll
try an nVidia card from a different manufacturer (this one was 3D Fuzion I
think).

Do you have any suggestion how to "electrically shield the card"?  Aluminum
foil wrapped in plastic perhaps?  Obviously bare foil seems extremely
risky...

Thanks,

Steve