[mythtv-users] HD-3000 recording corruption

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Mar 30 23:18:09 UTC 2006

Patrick Ouellette wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 02:50:06PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:

> Sounds like interference getting into the HD-3000 from the video card.
> Try moving them farther apart, electrically shielding the card(s), and
> make sure if you have a jumper cable between the sound card and the HD-3000
> that it is either removed or has RFI protection (a couple of turns through
> a torroidal core at each end).
>
> Good Luck.
This was going to be my response too.
Since it is video related it has to be something the video card does,
either as an interference transmission or on the bus. Since it seems to
be size related I would not think it would be the bus. It is related to
the 'active' area of the screen.

You might, just to see if that is what is going on, try putting
something between the 2 cards to shield them from each other. A piece of
aluminum plate, wrapped in cling wrap to avoid shorting things, would
do. Or for that matter a piece of alum foil between 2 sheets of paper.
Just remember to ground one corner of the shield to the case.

Geoff