[mythtv-users] Shows are not getting recorded, but myth doesn't know

Craig Hagerman craighagerman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 02:36:08 UTC 2006

On 3/30/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Check permissions on /home/mythtv/TV

Permissions are OK. In fact I have that directory set up as chmod 777
- readable and writable by anyone.

I can't figure this problem out.
In mythweb under "Recording Schedules" I see the programs I have told
it to record. However "Upcoming Recordings" is blank.

mythbackend seems to be spitting out some errors about mysql I don't
understand. I will post a snippet below. Does it look like something
is set up wrong here? It reports that "mysql server has gone away". I
don't understand what that means, but that doesn't sound good.

Craig

---- from mythbackend ----->

2006-03-30 19:43:59.054 DB Error (UpdateMatches):
Query was:
DELETE FROM recordmatch WHERE recordid = 13 OR 13 = -1;
Driver error was [2/2006]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
MySQL server has gone away

2006-03-30 19:43:59.055 DB Error (CheckTooMany):
Query was:
SELECT recordid,title,maxepisodes,maxnewest FROM record;
Driver error was [2/2006]:
QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
Database error was:
MySQL server has gone away

2006-03-30 19:43:59.055 DB Error (AddNotListed):
Query was:
SELECT record.recordid, record.type, record.chanid, record.starttime,
record.startdate, record.endtime, record.enddate, record.startoffset,
record.endoffset, record.title, record.subtitle, record.description,
channel.channum, channel.callsign, channel.name FROM record  INNER
JOIN channel ON (channel.chanid = record.chanid)  LEFT JOIN
recordmatch on record.recordid = recordmatch.recordid WHERE (type = 1
OR type = 7) AND recordmatch.chanid IS NULL