[mythtv-users] Sanity questions setting up a pcHDTV HD3000 card

jborn at charter.net jborn at charter.net
Fri Mar 31 02:44:30 UTC 2006

Couple of sanity questions about setting an pcHDTV Card along side a PVR500 card.

backend and frontend on same box.  Currently I'm outputting to a PC Monitor.  Once everything is working I'll be porting to a HDTV.

General:
Is the master backend NTSC or ATSC?

Capture Cards:
While setting up the Capture card for the pcHDTV under  mythtv version .19 I can specify a "video source"  Currently I have this as /dev/video32.  All the guides seem to use this, but when you test HDTV from the command line you use /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0.  Why the descrepency?

I'm assuming default tuner is "Tuner".

Video Sources:

I currently have "default" Channel frequency table for the "Charter Digital" (pcHDTV) and "us-cable" for the PVR500.  Is that correct?

I also somehow ended up with a blank video source.  I have 1 "Charter Analog", 2 blank, 3 "Charter Digital".  Can I delete 2 via SQL?

Thanks,

jb