[mythtv-users] Tv_grab_au --god help me.

Chris Henderson jchendo at gmail.com
Mon May 1 03:48:23 UTC 2006

Hi Phill,

thanks for this.

Yes. Sorry if you already know this, but just in case you don't - the
> backslashes are to escape the full stops. So \. means substitute in a
> full stop here.

No i didnt know that but after loooking at it trying to figure out what
youwere doing, i suspected that would be the case.

>  Now after thinking about it. the 'sydney.nine.com.au' looks like the old
> D1
> > format. Have you  just used that as a constant, changing all the down
> loaded
> > file from what ever they are to this ?
>
> Correct. You have to settle on something and this naming looked as
> good as any other and it's what I was already using from my 1st early
> days using MythTV with the D1 guide data.

Exellent.
It worked first pop one i put the 'sydney.nine.com.au' convention into the
XMLTVID field of the channel setup in mythsetup. man that was a mouth full.

If i could suggest, next time you post this wonder full little script, could
you adding the instructions you have just put here? i think it would say a
lot of trouble for you on the list. But at the same time this email will do
that for the sort term. If they bother to search for it.

Also i have to say this little script of yours is great, being able to
choose between grabbers is great. And i didn't even know about the DVB
owners listing.

Now all i have to do is figure out how to make the .sh script run at a
specific time each day. Probably a CRON job. never written one before or
even know how to write one. This should be interesting.
Got any pointers?

CH