[mythtv-users] Viewing recorded programs page in mythweb is slow

Andrew Kuan askuan at gmail.com
Mon May 1 03:55:04 UTC 2006

I went ahead and grabbed the latest mythweb from the 0.19-fixes branch.
Interestingly, while installing it manually, I found that I had to make the
mythweb/data directory writeable for apache. Once I did that, I found that
mythweb was creating .png files in the mythweb/data/cache directory. There
are a couple things peculiar about the contents of this directory in that a)
all of these png files already exist in my /var/video directory and b)
looking at the timestamps, a handful of .png files (nine to be exact) keep
getting re-created everytime I view the Recorded Programs page of mythweb.

So does anyone have an idea for why mythweb is recreating a small subset of
thumbnail images everytime I refresh the Recorded Programs? That's what's
causing all of the delay.

Thanks!