[mythtv-users] Tv_grab_au --god help me.

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon May 1 10:34:54 UTC 2006

> Yea i saw that, i went to the .org site and could not figure out how to
> register!!!
> leave that for another time.

It is a bit hard to find. On the front oztivo Twiki page at
http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view, down the bottom-left there is a
link called "TWiki Registration". Follow it to find the registration
page. I've mentioned to the web site folks there that it's a bit tto
difficult for people to find.

> You have setup some varialbles at the top of the shell script for each type
> of grabbers. I was wondering if you can set some more/different ones for sed
> comands etc like,
>
> City = Sydney (change this for the different states.)
>
> Format = sydney.seven.com.au
>
> and so on.
> I am guessing that this would make it easier to mod the script for your
> state and it could then be indroduced into the package with the DVB OWNER's
> check as default. (and that should take some load off the tv station
> servers, and then might not change it as much).

Yes - that's certainly do-able.

> And the final one, although i doubt this will happen.
> To make the file go to the next option, say from dvb owners to D1 when it
> errors. This is going to make the script a bit complex and i am not sure of
> the need. Just a thought.

Would be nice but I don't have the time to do it at the moment. It
would be easy enough if it was just a matter of checking if the file
contains listings or not, but the usual problem is that it contains
errors in the listings which is much harder to trap.

> Actually i would like to tackle the top one myself, if you tell me it can be
> done.

It can be done - go for it! I would do it by defining a variable for
each channel's new XMLTVID and using that in the sed commands. Might
to be tricky to do it with just a FORMAT variable as the XMLTVIDs I
have used don't really conform to any fixed rules.

> thanks for helping out us noob's

No worries.

Regards,
Phill