[mythtv-users] Almost working

John Johnson johnatl at mac.com
Mon May 1 12:31:55 UTC 2006

On 01-May-2006, at 06:25, Alan Secker wrote:

> I now get MythTV coming up (version 0.19) but with four initial
> problems:
> 1) In Setup -  General, I get the message:
>
>     'Could not connect to the master backend server -- is it running?
>     Is the IP address set for it in the setup program correct?'
>
>     The answer to the first was No, mythbackend wasn't running. I
>     tried to start it (from Mandriva 2006) but it wouldn't.
How do you know it didn't start? In other words, tell us what you saw.
Did you look at the log ( try: 'tail /var/log/mythtv/mythtvbackend.log'
)? Are you trying to start it as the root user (try: 'sudo
/etc/init.d/mythbackend start')?

Regards,
   JJ

---
Help everyone. If you can't do that, then at least be nice.