[mythtv-users] After Upgrade, Xine Pauses When Playing DVDs

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Mon May 1 17:25:15 UTC 2006

I upgraded my Myth 0.18.1 system to 0.19.  I am using the Gentoo
distribution so as part of that upgrade, I used Gentoo's portage
function to upgrade the entire system with the exception of the kernel
which remains at 2.6.13-r5.  MythTV 0.19 appears to be working just
fine.  However now when I attempt to play DVDs from Myth's frontend
using Xine, the DVD will pause for a minute or two somewhere around
every 10 -15 minutes.  I first notice the sound and video get slightly
out-of-sync, then the audio "pops" a little.  Finally the DVD pauses for
a while and then resumes on it's own.

I suspected a high CPU usage during the pause but it was sitting around
80% - 90% idle, just like when the DVD is playing.  I don't see any
excessive I/O based upon drive light activity.

Any suggestions on what may be going on?

Thanks,

Drew

--
Be a Great Magician!