[mythtv-users] Feature Request: Web-Based Control System?

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Tue May 2 17:58:29 UTC 2006

On 5/2/06, Geoff B <geoffbon at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is slightly OT, but you might want to consider a Squeezebox, it
> solves this beautifully.  Open source software that runs on Linux /
> Windows / Mac, and sound quality as good as whatever format you throw
> at it.  I've used one for over a year now, it's fantastic.

Or, better yet, just install slimserver on your backend (or wherever your
music library lives) and use slimp3slave, xmms, etc, etc to play back the
music streamed by slimserver.  No point in buying a Squeezebox just to play
music when you've already got a perfectly good mythfrontend connected to
your TV or stereo.

Brad Benson