[mythtv-users] First build - Looking for CPU recommendations

Nedim Cholich nedim.cholich at gmail.com
Wed May 3 00:12:04 UTC 2006

*MSI K8NGM2-FID Socket 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard -
Retail <http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130529>
$82
****AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 2000MHz HT Socket 939 Processor Model
ADA3200BPBOX - Retail<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103535>
$160
****Thermaltake CL-P0220 100mm Blue LED Light Cooling Fan/Heatsink -
Retail<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106062>
$27
****GeIL Value Series 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered
System Memory Model GE1GB3200BSC -
Retail<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820144321>
*
$89
***COOLER MASTER CAV-T04-UKC Black Aluminum Bezel , SECC Chassis ATX Desktop
Computer Case 350W Power Supply -
Retail<http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119071>
*
$96.50

Joy of building a new machine, priceless. For everything else there is
NewEgg.

The MB has Nvidia 6150 on board, with VGA, DVI and Component out. It also
has Intel HD Audio, Gigabit ethernet, USB2, Firewire.

XvMC is still not working with 6150, but the the cpu seems to be able to
handle HDTV without it. And nvidia will eventually come through.

Everything works except network card stops working intermittently. I'm using
forcedeth driver which is not stable yet, but in time... For now I have put
$10 Linksys card in that does the job.