[mythtv-users] HD3000, Sarge, AMD64 SMP, 0.19 from deb, Could not get card info for card #0! Subtype: Success!

David Cain sblkMythUser at jimmiedave.com
Wed May 3 03:02:56 UTC 2006

Steve wrote:

>make sure the user running mythtv-setup has the correct permissions
>for the device. I believe in Debian the HD3000 defaults to the group
>"video", just add any user that will be running Myth to that group.

Nope. Thanks for the idea. Permissions were OK. Changed group on /dev/dtv
to video, tried permissions at 777, still no joy.

Douglas Wagner wrote:

>Basics: The pcHDTV3000 card is considered a DVB card, if you're doing
>anything special to "set the card to DVB-T" Don't.

Didn't make any special settings for this.

>You should see a /dev/dvb/adapterX in
>devices and you should be selecting a DVB card type in Myth.

Yes and Yes. I do on both.

>BTW, the
>pre-packaged executables for Myth 0.19 work beautifully.

Maybe at your house. Not at mine so far.

>it's all "out of the box"  supported now).  2.6.16 (most recent)
>kernel seems to be running flawlessly for me (albeit it's a Fedora box)
>and Myth likes the tuner card well enough.

I've been having an exceedingly difficult time prying the lid off this
particular box.

I saw something on a post about v. 0.17 and the HD3000 that says this
message might mean that your kernel is compiled with a slightly different
DVB API. Does this make any sense? Do I have to try to recompile the
kernel? (Installed it as "linux-image").

Any other ideas on this?

             ==  E  C  N  A  L  U  B  M  A  ==

             http://www.jimmiedave.com/