[mythtv-users] Semi-OT NFS mounted directory does not show NFS mounted directory inside it

Disconnect mythtv at gotontheinter.net
Wed May 3 13:37:07 UTC 2006

Man exports:

       nohide This option is based on the option of the same name provided
in IRIX NFS.  Normally, if a server exports two filesystems one of which is
mounted on the other, then the client will have to mount both filesystems
explicitly to get access to them.  If it just mounts the parent, it will see
an empty directory at the place where the other filesystem is mounted.  That
filesystem is "hidden".

              Setting the nohide option on a filesystem causes it not to be
hidden, and an appropriately authorised client will be able to move from the
parent to that filesystem without noticing the change.

              However, some NFS clients do not cope well with this situation
as, for instance, it is then possible for two files in the one apparent
filesystem to have the same inode number.

              The nohide option is currently only effective on single host
exports.  It does not work reliably with netgroup, subnet, or wildcard
exports.

              This option can be very useful in some situations, but it
should be used with due care, and only after confirming that the client
system copes with the situation effectively.

              The option can be explicitly disabled with hide.