[mythtv-users] DVB subtitles not shown

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.fi
Wed May 3 19:17:25 UTC 2006

Marko Nurmenniemi wrote:
>> On 5/2/06, *Petri Paavilainen* <ppaavila at cc.hut.fi
>>
>>     I seem to have strange problems with DVB subtitling. If I start
>>     viewing
>>     the show when it has already started (live TV) and subtitles are
>>     already
>>     active in the stream they are shown without any problems. However,
>>     if I
>>     start viewing the show a few minutes before the start of subtitled
>>     stream,
>>     the subtitles are not shown even after the show starts. The substitle
>>     selection is not available in menu. I'll get subtitle menus and
>>     subtitles
>>     if I switch to some other channel and immediately back to the original
>>     channel.
>
> I have two Technisat AirStar2 cards and noticed the same yesterday with
> .127 not sure if it was there earlier already.
>
> Naturally with YLE since it is the only to offer true DVB  text.
>
> -M

I have also Technisat AirStar2 but don't have any problems with DVB
subtitles (YLE channels). I'm using SVN builds, updating to latest code
maybe once a week or so. Subtitles have been working fine for months..
and I'm recording something (or watching live TV) from the YLE channels
almost daily.

Maybe it's the difference between RPMs and SVN build..?
--
   Otto