[mythtv-users] prebuffering pause with lirc

Dean Schilling deans at fc.hp.com
Wed May 3 21:01:39 EDT 2006

I just did a little more digging into the problem.

When mythfrontend is playing a pre-recorded show, the idle CPU is 20 -
31%.  After I load lircd, the idle CPU drops to 0%.  This is why I'm
getting the prebuffering pause.

My question is, why does lircd chew up so much CPU bandwidth?  I've
eliminated the irxevent, but I'm still getting the problem.  I know a
500MHz PIII isn't that fast, but that's ridicules.

Any suggestions or troubleshooting hints would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dean