[mythtv-users] OT - MX4000 to FX5200

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at yahoo.com
Thu May 4 01:43:07 EDT 2006

Brad Fuller wrote:
> hmmm... I messed with some BIOS settings but no luck. I placed the BIOS
> settings back and nothing.
> After a while of booting, S-Video started to work, but now it's only B&W
> once it boots into X (actually, right at the big NVIDIA logo). I
> rebooted and went to the BIOS settings just to make sure they were back
> and I think they are all back as they were. And, the BIOS setting is in
> color and the S-Video/TV showed color.
> So, I reboot but still the NVIDIA color logo is in B&W.
>
> Why it started working and why it's B&W I have no idea.
>
> Any ideas?

Sheesss.. what a confusing message. Here it is in a nutshell.

* For some reason S-Video started working
* It appears that it only works in color in the standard 25x40 ASCII
version. It is B&W in Xwindows. More precisely, looks like color goes
away when the first NVidia Logo appears on the S-Video display.