[mythtv-users] I got this far and now i am frustrated

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu May 4 04:43:57 EDT 2006

> Now to find cable etc for the back of tv but in pc world uk its 25 ..

25 sounds a bit steep - I'd have though 15 would be more reasonable
- try Maplin or Dixons.

> i am not sure which to get.
> The tv only has scart and ariel connection( this tv will have to do
> till we save up for a new one with PC connection.

The trouble with SCART is that it supports different type of input
(S-Video, Composite Video, RGB etc) so you need to read your TV manual
to find out what inputs it accepts on the SCART socket (Sometimes it
accepts them all and autodetects or you need to change the TV setup
depending on what you're sending).

So you a get variety of cables with SCART at one end and something
else at the other.

For S-Video the something else will be a small round DIN plug(Video)
and two phono plugs(stereo audio)

For composite it will be three phono plugs.

And I suspect that, like me, you won't need to worry about RGB.

SCART cable are also directional, so you get a cable dedicated to one
direction, or with a switch on the SCART end to determine whether it
is the input of the output.

HTH