[mythtv-users] OT - MX4000 to FX5200

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu May 4 14:09:09 EDT 2006

On May 4, 2006, at 12:00 PM, Brad Fuller wrote:

>> Perhaps using better quality cable, RG-6 is designed for RF usage.
>> You might do better with Belden 88281 or something like that which is
>> designed for baseband video.
>>
> RG6 should work just fine for this. And, it did with the MX4000.

I agree it should work, but from what you say it isn't. I just think
it might be possible that a cable with a lower DC loop resistance
might work where the RG-6 does not, but the real problem would seem
to be the card.

Also, if you are using twist-on connectors, you might try using crimp-
type instead, same idea, trying to get the DC resistance down.

This is in the nature of a "workaround", not a real fix.