[mythtv-users] Removing laugh tracks from recordings

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu May 4 22:06:57 EDT 2006

On May 4, 2006, at 7:54 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> On May 4, 2006, at 9:00 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
>
>> I never have understood folks who like to download trailers, it seems
>> to me that you're going to a lot of trouble to get what is
>> essentially a commercial.
>>
>> Of course a lot of trailers contain all of the interesting material
>> in a two-hour movie, and they take  perhaps 90 seconds to run. That
>> says a lot about the quality of modern movies.
>
> Keep in mind that folks are paying $2/each for a music video from
> iTunes which is the same thing. It's a commercial for you to buy a
> record.

When they could probably record it off MTV for nothing, of course
most folks would have trouble getting it onto their iPod.

Would that be illegal ?? I really don't know.

I certainly won't pay ITMS for a music anything, though I do have my
niece on one of their "allowance" plans, keeps me from having to
remember when her birthday is :-)

Although my Mom was having trouble finding a certain Opera recording
and on a whim I tried ITMS, and was a bit shocked that they actually
had it (At a premium price, but I guess the Wagner heirs can command
it).

Nor would I pay whatever the cost is to be able to watch "Disparate
Housewives" on a 2" screen, or a 40-foot screen for that matter :-)

Maybe watch "The Ring" on my Zaurus ?? (Battery would probably give
out before Das Rheingold was over) :-)

I do wonder how many folks might be exporting Myth-recorded video to
handheld devices.

More generally I'd love to see some sort of survey to get an idea how
many folks are using Myth and for what, but I guess such data would
be hard to obtain and not very reliable in any case.