[mythtv-users] HD3000, Sarge, AMD64 SMP, 0.19 from deb, Could not get card info for card #0! Subtype: Success!

David Cain sblkMythUser at jimmiedave.com
Fri May 5 02:53:34 UTC 2006

Well, that's hard to know. I don't have a cable box, and even if I did,
S-Video would only address the analog section of the card - not the DTV
tuners, which is what's giving me fits right now.

Your point is well-taken: I don't have X on the machine and the
traditional methods of testing are problematic (though I suppose I
could put X apps for testing on there and export the display - but
that's probably about the slowest way I could go. Better to try and
capture some MPEGs and file-copy those).

So does anybody else have any bright ideas on this before I chuck the
whole thing and start fresh with Fedora (not my style really, but I
can't get Sarge working, don't want to wait to December for a release
of Etch, really wanted a clean install from debs, not a lot of
hair-pulling and slobbering stuff into every nook and cranny of the
machine).

Still looking for a hand...

DC