[mythtv-users] LiveTV audio missing

Chris Wilkinson blobster at tpg.com.au
Fri May 5 00:40:17 EDT 2006

Hi there,

I'm running SuSE 10.0 i586, and have installed MythTV 0.19 from
binary rpm's (Packman repository)

Everything seems to work, except for audio in LiveTV. No sound
is either heard or recorded in LiveTV.

I have TVtime and it plays audio fine. My Pinnacle TV-card has
its audio output plugged into a 2nd input on my motherboard that
comes out as 'Aux' in alsa. MythTV shows no errors in the console
so I'm stumped as to getting sound going in LiveTV...

Does anyone have any pointers as to a solution? The only sign of
any trouble is the following message in dmesg, repeated a handful
of times....

ALSA sound/pci/via82xx.c:580: codec_read: codec 0 is not valid [0xfe0000]

Despite this error audio works fine with every other software on
the machine, both recording and playing...

Doing an fuser on /dev/dsp shows no process hogging it, and the
same applies to /dev/mixer...

I'm stumped... :-(

Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.