[mythtv-users] Slow to start playing?

Josh Burks dotnofoolin at gmail.com
Fri May 5 09:04:23 EDT 2006

On 5/5/06, Ronald Pijnacker <pijnacker at dse.nl> wrote:
> > On 4/27/06, Michael Tiller <michael.tiller at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I upgraded to 0.19 and it seems like Myth is very slow to start playing a
> > > show.  Once I select it in the recorded programs list, it can take like 10
> > > seconds to start playing.  Is it just me?  I haven't upgraded to 0.19-fixes
> > > yet so perhaps it has been addressed there?  (is 0.19-fixes stable?).
> > >

> > No it's not just you. I get the same with mythtv-0.19-126 from atrpms,
> > which I think is fixes as of a couple of weeks ago. But I think it was
> > the same with 0.18. It seemed to get noticably slower when I moved the
> > recordings directory from a PATA ext3 disk to a SATA jfs disk, which
> > was exactly not what I was expecting.
>
> For me, 0.18 was considerably better than 0.19. With 0.19 I regularly
> even have to start the show twice or more because it has not started
> within a certain time, after which I get back to the recordings screen.
> I never had that before.

I recently upgraded from .18.1 to .19 and am having horrible
performance issues as well. I can't even record a show, and playback a
pre-recorded one without the video and audio pausing every half
second, and my load average jumping over 4.00. This wasn't a problem
with .18.1, I could record back to back and playback and commflag
without breaking a sweat.

Just adding to the "me too" thread,

Josh