[mythtv-users] MythArchive has been added to svn - Please test

Daniel A. Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Fri May 5 09:55:24 EDT 2006

Paul Harrison wrote:
> Daniel A. Segel wrote:
>
>> I'm running svn v9859 and I installed MythArchive per the web page, but
>> I don't see the menu items. Which menu are they supposed to be on? And
>> does it matter which theme I use?
>>
>> I do see this in the mythfrontend log:
>>
>> 2006-05-04 21:45:58.554 Inserting MythArchive initial database information.
>> 2006-05-04 21:45:58.555 Upgrading to MythArchive schema version 1000
>>
>> Daniel
>>

> No doesn't matter which theme you are using. The position of the menu
> items is different in the different _menu_ themes though.
>
> Using the default menu layout the setup menu item is at:
> Utilities/Setup -> Setup->Media Settings->Archive Files Settings
> and the main plugin menu is at:
> CD/DVD->Archive Files

OK, I found everything and started using it. This brings up my first
usage question:

1. Under "Select a format" you can choose "Create an ISO file", but then
under Advanced Options a few screens in the option to create an ISO is
unselected. Is the Advanced option ignored if I don't go into it? Also,
is the default to try to burn it to a DVD if you *don't* go into
Advanced options?

It doesn't actually seem to be doing anything on my system, but that may
be because of a missing dependency (although I have MythBurn working
fine.) Is there a log file somewhere I can look at, or does it write to
the mythfrontend log, assuming I am writing enough types of data - it's
on log quiet now, but nothing shows up except for the LoadTheme lines.

Daniel