[mythtv-users] Can record from LiveTV but not from Guide or Manual

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri May 5 11:25:16 EDT 2006

On May 5, 2006, at 9:13 AM, Mario Camou R wrote:

> On 5 May 2006, at 02:12, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 05/04/2006 03:23 PM, Mario Camou R wrote:
>>
>>> I have MythTV 0.19 running on a Gentoo box with a Hauppage PVR-250
>>> card.
>>>
>>> LiveTV works with no problems. However, whenever I try to record
>>> (whether from the Guide or a Manual recording) I get no output file.
>>>
>>> I have checked the backend logs and I only see a "Started Recording"
>>> and a "Finished Recording" message with the exact same time (the
>>> start time of the recording). No other messages.
>>>
>>> This setup was working correctly with MythTV 0.18.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>
>> Fix the associations of video sources to inputs in mythtv-setup.
>>
>> Mike
>
> I've already done that (Live TV wouldn't work otherwise). Still no go.

The earlier advice to check permissions was sound, also check what
user the processes are running as, and if the F/E is SUID root.

We know the system is capable of writing the files, but for some
reason it isn't for the "automated" recordings, so either the place
where it is trying to write doesn't exist of it has no permission to
write there.

One of the things that changed with 0.19 was the location of files
for liveTV vs. recordings, and whenever you have problems always look
for "what changed".

Does the attempted recording file not exist at all, or is it zero
size ??