[mythtv-users] [mythtv] MythArchive has been added to svn - Please test

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Fri May 5 13:19:28 EDT 2006

On 5/4/06, Paul Harrison <mythtv at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> I've just added to svn the first release of MythArchive which is a new
> plugin for myth that allow you create DVD's from your myth recordings.

Cool - looking forward to it...

> Its based on the old MythBurn scripts but has been
> rewritten to reduce the number of dependencies and to hopefully make it
> easier to install.

For those of us who aren't running svn, can you post some screenshots
- is it just like mythburn for the dvd menus? Does it have the same
web interface? A few pics of the UI and end results would be greatly
appreciated. You know... picture worth a thousand words... :)

> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythArchive

A few thoughts... using mythtvburn and projectx, I'm quite happy
cramming between 4 and 6 hours of analog programming onto a dvd, but I
do notice that tcrequant takes into account the total size of
recordings *BEFORE* commercial cut. This means that my recordings end
up with a higher requant factor than actually required. If mytharchive
can do an mpeg2cut first and then figure out a tcrequant value, I
would expect the recording to be slightly better quality.

Also, looking forward to being able to make dvds out of my transcoded
recordings. Right now, I let my recordings accumulate in mpeg2 format,
commercial cut them, burn dvds when I get around to it, and *then*
transcode the files to save space.

I'd be much happier to transcode any files I want to keep early on,
and burn them to dvd later.

Thanks.

-Ross