[mythtv-users] Overscan & GUI/OSD

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Fri May 5 13:59:22 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 10:32 -0700, Ron Garrison wrote:

> On 5/3/06, Ron Garrison <ron.garrison at gmail.com> wrote:
>         I have a standard definition NTSC TV And have set up my
>         xorg.conf file to use the SVideo out on my NVidia FX-5200 card
>         in NTSC mode at a resolution of 800x600.  I am using the
>         NVidia overscan feature to get rid of the borders around the
>         picture.  The problem is that the GUI and Program Guide now
>         gets cut off around the edges.

Not much help I'm afraid, but for what it's worth, I've got the same
problem (FX5500 card but should be similar to the 5200). I also see a
picture that is "bent down" towards the right hand edge of the TV. I
suspect I just need a good mode line for my Sony TV (but I don't have
the exact model number handy here at work, it's something like
KV-??55V). I've Googled  for my TV model but haven't found anything yet,
so I'm still tweaking.

Using TVOverScan of 0.70 helps considerably, but the picture is still
bent down a little on the right and the OSD still goes slightly out of
the picture.

--Greg