[mythtv-users] Jerky picture esp on panning shots

Greg Cope gregcope at gmail.com
Sat May 6 03:15:17 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I get quite a jerky picture especially on panning shots.  Everything
is still watchable, but is just not quite right.  Along with a size
issue (My display is too small so I am missing 10 or so edge pixel)

The Jerky picture is similar to the effect of panning shots on some
LCD's that can't quite seem to keep up with the picture changing.

WAF is quite low because of this, otherwise she is starting to use
myth, which must mean its pretty good otherwise!

Hardware is Via SP13000, FC4, atrpms, 2xNovaT DVB's 512Mb ram, Sony
CRT TV via Svideo.  OpenChrome Drivers.

Is this;

- Myth - something wrong with my config.

- Bit rate issue - the BBC here use high bit rates so recordings tend
to be very large and therefore probably good quality, with lots of
data to shift/change

- X issue/Openchrome issue.

- The TV (doubt that as its pretty good otherwise).

Any ideas?

Greg