[mythtv-users] LiveTV audio missing

Chris Wilkinson blobster at tpg.com.au
Sat May 6 06:25:53 EDT 2006

Hi there,

Robin Gilks wrote:
>>I have discovered that when I run livetv I can start tvtime.
>>There is no picture in tvtime as mythtv has grabbed the video
>>device, but more importantly tvtime unmutes the 'Aux' channel
>>and increments the volume to that channel. Then mythtv records
>>and plays sound in tv, although only on the left channel...
>>
>>If I manually unmute 'Aux' and increase the volume I still
>>cannot get MythTV to hear/record audio in livetv. Weird huh?
>>
>>If thats a clue to you guys its not to me...its just confusing!
>
> That rings a bell with me - on my old bt878 WinTV card I had to do the
> following because xawtv used to mute the bloody card on exit and Mythtv
> assumes its never muted... gggrrrrrrr

Assumes? I'm not a fan of assumptions....a quick routine to check
the mute status would be nicer!

> /usr/bin/v4lctl -c /dev/video0 volume mute off
>
> was the magic incantation - I hope it casts the right spell for you as
> well...

Thanks for the tip...it gives me sound, but still only on the
left channel, and distorted despite what I set on the capture
control. Getting close now though! :-)

Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.