[mythtv-users] 0.19 XvMC broken with Bob

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Sat May 6 18:41:28 EDT 2006

On Fri, May 05, 2006 at 11:09:08AM -0400, Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> It's an nvidia driver problem, AFAIK. The 5200 and models above 6200
> work fine, I think, but
> the 6200 has issues and always has. It's been getting better with recent
> releases, but not there yet.

Well, it looks like you were on the right track.

Turns out the problem was in my .nvidia-settings-rc file.  I had
XVideoTextureSyncToVBlank=1.  Setting it to =0 fixed the problem.

However, now I get pretty severe tearing.  I guess I'll have to play
around with OpenGL sync and see if I can safely re-enable it.

Thanks for the help.

-- John