[mythtv-users] SI7012/CMI9761 PCM mixer?...

Francesco Peeters francesco at fampeeters.com
Sat May 6 19:23:54 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I am trying a different setup, and I have mythtv running just fine, but
have one big issue left: Live-TV Volume!

I have a SIS741GX chipset, and the AC97 bases soundcard reports itself
as SI7012/CMI9761.

There's a weird quirk with that one, being that PCM is NOT influenced by
the master setting, and the PCM setting only has 2 options: OFF (Mute/0)
or ON (UNMUTE/>0)

xine does the volume control itself and mplayer has the -softvol option
(which I haven't been able to test yet, lacking any ripped video on the
drive), but how can I do software mixing for livetv?

I found a lot of info about using dmix instead, but all examples I tried
had the same result: no change!

Any help would be appreciated...

--
Francesco Peeters