[mythtv-users] HD, XvMC, and realtime

Gary Dezern gary at garyndenise.org
Sat May 6 22:53:00 EDT 2006

Steven Adeff wrote:
>> xorg is 6.8.2 with gentoo's r7 patches.  nvidia driver is 8756.  7676
>> isn't available to me, as I need to use a current current to support my
>> Aver A180 HDTV tuner.
>>

> 7676 has nothing to do with the A180, your thinking of a kernel version.
>
> I'm tempted to upgrade toe Xorg 7.0 to see if it plays with 8756 nicer.

er.. need to use a newer linux kernel for A180 support, and the newer
kernel doesn't work with the older nvidia drivers. :)  Therefore, 7676
isn't available to me, as I need to use a current *typo* kernel to
support my ...

I've considered playing with xorg 7.x, but last I saw there were still
some issues with it when compiled for amd64.  Now that the wife is
actually preferring Myth over Tivo (for local channels), I don't want to
break it...