[mythtv-users] PVR-150 broken?

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sun May 7 18:47:45 EDT 2006

Greg Woods writes:

> On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 18:41 -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>
>> Try temporarily disabling the Nvidia's non-free driver that you're using,
>> and see if it fixes the problem.
>
> How do I do that? As I am discovering, I'm far from expert at xorg.conf
> files. Will just changing the driver in xorg.conf from "nvidia" to "nv"
> do this, or do I have to muck with kernel modules as well?

Yes, you must also disable Nvidia's kernel driver, if you want to eliminate
Nvidia as the cause of your incompatibility issues.

I never used Nvidia's binary blob, but it should come with documentation
that contains uninstallation instructions.  You need to disable Nvidia's
kernel module and rollback the xorg.conf driver.  Additionally, it's my
understanding that Nvidia's installer overwrites a number of x.org core
libraries, and makes a backup copy of the originals.  You need to restore
those as well.

Nvidia's documentation should include a list of everything that their
installer does.  You should be able to use that information to reverse the
process.