[mythtv-users] MythTV output to HDMI IN

Gary Dezern gary at garyndenise.org
Sun May 7 23:10:04 EDT 2006

Brian Wood wrote:
>    (Wife is
>
>> staring at me like I have 3 heads:  why did you just unplug the TV?)
>>

> Explain to her that unwatched programs can build up inside the cable,
> and unless you drain them out periodically they can create enough
> pressure to cause the images to slow down, making it take longer to
> watch a program.

You say that with humor...  (if I said that to her, she'd most likely
response with "I thought that was why you got that new CPU thing." ...
or ... "is that what prebuffering pause means?")

Actually, that explanation is the CLOSEST I've seen to anyone trying to
explain prebuffering pauses.  Perhaps I should put it on a wiki page -
which might encourage a dev to explain what the message really means...