[mythtv-users] MythTV output to HDMI IN

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Mon May 8 00:43:31 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 18:35 -0700, Gabe Rubin wrote:

> You should probably google around to find the right modelines for your
> TV.  You will need to know those and adjust your xorg.conf file
> appropriately.  How to do that has been discussed a lot here, and you
> can also find references on google.

Only if you are fortunate enough to own the same TV as someone else who
has already done it. So far, I've spent hours Googling and not found a
working modeline for my 43" Pioneer HD TV. I have X working fine in 4:3
(gray side bars), but my attempts to do HD through HDMI so far have
failed. The mode lines I get from "get-edid" show only 1280x768
resolution and the TV says that it's only 480p being displayed, but the
Comcast cable box can do 1080i to this TV over HDMI, so I know it's
possible.

--Greg