[mythtv-users] Need ivtv-kmdl-2.6.16-1.2107_FC4, I think

stan stanlist at cox.net
Mon May 8 03:44:06 EDT 2006

I'm trying to install MythTV for the first time.  I'm running Fedora FC4,
and I'm installing per Jarod's list (which is great!)

I got to the section on installing the capture card driver (Hauppauge
PVR-350), and couldn't do the

    yum install ivtv-kmdl-$KVER

Yum says there is no match for ivtv-kmdl-2.6.16-1.2107_FC4

I looked at the ATrpms site, and it looks like the package is there for
kernel version 2096 but not 2107.

I don't really care which kernel version I run.  I'd be happy to run 2096.

Will there be an ivtv package for version 2107?

Can I download and install the package for 2096 on my 2107 kernel?  And will
it work :-?

How can I install kernel 2096?  Yum upgrade took me to 2107.  I don't mind
reformatting and starting again.  Is there a way to tell yum upgrade to stop
at 2096?