[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.19 and sound issue

Christoffer Dahl Petersen duca at famdahl.dk
Mon May 8 05:01:13 EDT 2006

Hi!

I run MythTv 0.19 on a gentoo box, I have connected the box to a
external amplifier through a optical cable (s/pdif).
I have 2 sound issues

1.
In the setup in Mythtv I have added the "-afm hwac3" parameter to the
video section. When I play a non-ac3-encoded movie the sound is great,
but when I play a file which is AC3 encoded it is only noice that comes
from the speakers? What am I missing?

2.
When I want to hear music (through the media library) I can hear the
music, but sound is terrible (it sounds digitalised). But if a play the
same song with alsaplayer the sound is perfect!? Any ideas?

I have been playing around with some parameters to alsa, byt the result
is the same.

Thanks

/christoffer