[mythtv-users] MythTV output to HDMI IN

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Mon May 8 08:31:09 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 05:13 -0600, Brian Wood wrote:

> My understanding is that the DVI and VGA ports are an either/or
> situation.

That may depend on the specific card. I've got a 5500, which is a lot
like the 5200 as far as I can tell. It's got S-Video, DVI, and VGA
outputs. Using the nvidia-settings command, I have had no trouble at all
using VGA and DVI at the same time, with completely independent screens.
I probably won't use it this way in production, but it's been very
useful while trying to get HD display to work.

--Greg