[mythtv-users] MythArchive dvdauthor error

Daniel A. Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Mon May 8 14:23:48 EDT 2006

Paul Harrison wrote:
> Daniel A Segel wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> It pretty much says the same thing:
>> Creating DVD XML file for dvd author (No Menus)
>> Adding item 1
>> Total size of video files, before multiplexing, is 3859 Mbytes, audio is
>> 219 MBytes, menus are 0 MBytes.
>> Video will fit onto DVD. 218.05 MBytes of space remaining on recordable DVD.
>> Multiplexing MPEG stream to /video/temp/work/1/final.mpg
>> Available streams - video and one audio stream
>> Multiplex started PID=27463
>> Starting dvdauthor
>> ERROR: Failed while running dvdauthor
>>
>> I just noticed that both the details-1.mpg and final.mpg file are
>> 0-bytes; I assume this is a problem and points to something upstream
>> from dvdauthor itself.
>>
>> Daniel
>>

> Try updating to latest svn. Some parts of the mythburn.log where being
> truncated. Hopefully there will now be some clues as to why its failing
> in the log.

I updated mytharchive to rev 9875 and tried again. This time the logs
end as shown below, and the dvdauthor process just disappears:

*************************************
root at mythtv:/video/temp/logs 29>tail -f mythburn.log
INFO: MPEG version: mpeg2
INFO: TV standard: ntsc
INFO: Aspect ratio: 16:9
INFO: Resolution: 720x480
INFO: Audio ch 0 format: mp2/2ch, 48khz 20bps

STAT: Processing /video/temp//work/details-1.mpg...

STAT: Processing /video/temp//work/1/final.mpg...
STAT: VOBU 3216 at 1113MB, 1 PGCS

It did create almost 2GB of files in the work/dvd/VIDEO_TS directory,
but I haven't checked to see what they look like.

Daniel