[mythtv-users] MythArchive dvdauthor error

Daniel A Segel mythtv at archer-segel.com
Mon May 8 16:34:24 EDT 2006

Paul Harrison wrote:
> Daniel A. Segel wrote:
>
>> Paul Harrison wrote:
>>

>>> Try updating to latest svn. Some parts of the mythburn.log where being
>>> truncated. Hopefully there will now be some clues as to why its failing
>>> in the log.
>>>

>> I updated mytharchive to rev 9875 and tried again. This time the logs
>> end as shown below, and the dvdauthor process just disappears:
>>
>> *************************************
>> root at mythtv:/video/temp/logs 29>tail -f mythburn.log
>> INFO: MPEG version: mpeg2
>> INFO: TV standard: ntsc
>> INFO: Aspect ratio: 16:9
>> INFO: Resolution: 720x480
>> INFO: Audio ch 0 format: mp2/2ch, 48khz 20bps
>>
>> STAT: Processing /video/temp//work/details-1.mpg...
>>
>> STAT: Processing /video/temp//work/1/final.mpg...
>> STAT: VOBU 3216 at 1113MB, 1 PGCS
>> **************************************
>>
>> It did create almost 2GB of files in the work/dvd/VIDEO_TS directory,
>> but I haven't checked to see what they look like.
>>
>> Daniel
>>

> You probably already know this but a quick way to test it is with xine
> like this :-
> xine dvd://video/temp/work/dvd/

There's no .IFO (or .BUP) file, so xine can't play it. I suppose I could
check to make sure the VOB files themselves contain valid content, but I
wouldn't know what to do next even if they did.

If I try running dvdauthor manually with the dvdauthor.xml file it hangs
as well, at essentially the same place as the script:

**************************
DVDAuthor::dvdauthor, version 0.6.11.
Build options: gnugetopt magick iconv freetype fribidi
Send bugs to <dvdauthor-users at lists.sourceforge.net>

INFO: Locale=C
INFO: Converting filenames to ANSI_X3.4-1968
INFO: dvdauthor creating VTS
STAT: Picking VTS 01

STAT: Processing /video/temp//work/chaptermenu-1.mpg...
STAT: VOBU 16 at 1MB, 1 PGCS
INFO: Video pts = 0.178 .. 15.159
INFO: Audio[8] pts = 0.178 .. 30.226
INFO: Audio[32] pts = 0.178 .. 0.178
STAT: VOBU 30 at 2MB, 1 PGCS
INFO: Generating VTSM with the following video attributes: