[mythtv-users] MythTV on XBox - what universal remote control to use

Ross Shah shami_dude at yahoo.com
Tue May 9 02:09:58 EDT 2006

Thank you very much for the tip; I didn't think about
the XBox MCE. Based on your post, I went to Best Buy
and bought an RCA Universal Remote Control with
Learning capability. I tried scanning through the
various codes until I found out a set that actually
gets detected by the XBox receiver (using lircd
--nodaemon and irw). I then attempted to use irrecord,
and I found out that I can get other keys from the
same set recognized by LIRC.

I am not done with my exercise, but I think that I
should be able to capture the codes for the missing
keys, and then add them to the default LIRC
configuration files and then to MythTV LIRC mappings.

Thanks again for the tip.