[mythtv-users] VIA EPIA MII1000 Close....

Jake Thompson jake at jakethompson.com
Tue May 9 08:41:40 EDT 2006

So here are the specs:
  Via EPIA MII1000
  1G Memory
  FC5
  AtRPMS build 128 MythTV, .19+fixes I beleive
  Openchrome Driver from Subversion
  DRI also newly compiled
  Connected via S-Video to a NTSC standard TV
  720x480 Resolution
  WinTV-PVR-150 (1045)

There is only one problem right now.  The playback using XvMC is horrible.
If I do not use and XvMC, the processor usage is up to 80-90% and the
picture looks good.  However when using "VIA XvMC" the cpu usage is down to
10-20% and playback is stuttering and streaking, especially on paning.

I have tried many combinations in recording quality to see if it helps with
playback, but no luck.  I have read about using Bob Deinterlacing to clean
up the playback, while this does seem to help the playback, it ruins the
quality of the picture.  Also, have tried to pause and then start playing
and that does not help either.

Does anyone have this working well, or does anyone have any suggestions on
what I could do.  I keep thinking that setting the recording quality to the
right thing would help, but I guess not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jake

PS:
Everything else seems to work great, the recordings when watched on a
seperate computer look great, S/PDIF out is working great.  DVD playback is
sharp and has no stuttering problems.