[mythtv-users] an idea: canned recording options

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue May 9 09:09:59 EDT 2006

On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 09:46:23AM -0400, Gary Dezern wrote:
> here's an idea for a middle ground:
> A person can set up certain recording options, and save them as a
> "preset."

Nice idea!  I'd like to be able to set up one called "Default" and
have that one used by default.  This would also let me set up a
default start early and end late value (I live in Australia, where the
networks have trouble starting and ending their programs within 6 or 8
minutes of their schedule).

It would also be nice if when you hit 'R' while a program is selected
in the program guide, program finder, or one of the search screens, a
list of the "presets" that have been defined.  Once that's selected,
you'll often have specified everything you need to specify.  That's
almost as simple as one-touch recording, but still gives you as much
flexibility as you want.

--
Peter Schachte              Everything that is really great and inspiring is
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        created by the individual who can labour in